De Zeekoe Guest Farm+27442726721
Price class (pps): More than R500
Oudtshoorn Self Catering & Luxurious B&B Accommodation
De Zeekoe Guest Farm
Only 7km outside Oudtshoorn is one of the world’s 17 "hot spots" with 3 overlapping flower zones. This owner managed, 2500 hectare working farm, is malaria free, wheelchair friendly & child friendly. We are proud to announce the de Zeekoe is the only Fair trade registered property in the Oudtshoorn area.
De Zeekoe's unique charm & extraordinary activities attracts guests of a different kind. People from all walks of life visit this stylish lusern farm in search of a unique experience. Guests can choose between various accommodation, ranging from stylish rooms to private stone cottages & rustic waterfront chalets, either for a self-catering stay, a stylish bed and breakfast or a farm holiday.
The name De Zeekoe, is derived for the Dutch name for the farm, Zeekoegat, which literally means "hippo waterhole" over a century ago, these odd-looking, water-loving creatures used to frequent the riverbed that still runs through the farm to this very day.
The idyllic setting indeed has something to offer for everyone – from the daring adventure-seekers to those who just yearn for a quiet getaway..
De Zeekoe offers the following:
· Enjoy unique in the world opportunity to walk with Wild Meerkats (Original Oudtshoorn Meerkat adventures) and to be part of the shy 5 experience!BOOKINGS ESSENTIAL
· Meerkats are part of the so-called Shy 5 which also includes the bat-eared fox, the aardvark, porcupine and aardwolf – if you are lucky ,these scare animals can be seen on the farm
- Accommodation: 3 x Standard, 9 x luxury Rooms, 5 x Superior rooms, 2 x Superior Honeymoon Rooms; 3 x Private Cottages & 4 x Waterfront cabins
Please contact us for rates – winter specials available
- Restaurant with fresh farm produce and free range meat, gluten free available
- Cocktail Bar
- Small Game Viewing
- Conference and small functions venue
- Community project with local school
- FREE WI-FI & Welcoming drinks
- Fishing – bring own equipment
- Hiking – 3 walking trails from 5km up to 30km
- Biking – bikes to rent
- Jungle gym
- Going green with recycling , solar panels etc
· This hidden gem has spectacular views with 162 bird species and not the "big 5" but the shy 5.
- Self-guided walks
- Swimming pool – salt water